Product Spotlight: Door Knob covers and lever locks
When it comes to babyproofing your home there is a running “to-do” list at all times that covers everything from covering electrical outlets to installing safety gates in all doorways. Today, we are going to focus on doorknobs and lever locks to prevent little ones from accessing unwanted internal rooms or potentially dangerous household areas such as laundry rooms, garages and bathrooms.
Restrict access to certain rooms by using our Dreambaby® Door Knob Covers and Lever Door Locks. Continue reading to learn the differences and determine which option is best for your specific space:
Door Knob Covers can be used in all rooms of the house. A door knob cover helps to prevent a child from opening the door by making it more complicated to turn the knob, similar to child-proof caps on medicine bottles. Doorknob covers are great as they remain on the knob and you don’t need to remember to put them back in place each time the door is used.
- Great to use on doors inside the home.
- Made to fit most standard doorknobs
- An access hole that allows you to still use locking push or twist buttons on doors
Door Lever Locks
Doors with lever-style handles are the easiest for toddlers and children to open. By simply grabbing the handle and pulling down, a child can easily access a room that might be off-limits. Dreambaby® Lever Lock attaches to most door handles with ease. We offer two options, a classic and adhesive model, so you can use whichever one works best for the lever door handles in your home. Read more about each option below.
The lock is engaged/disengaged simply without the need for a key.
- To install, simply remove the door handle, place down the lever lock and reinstall the handle securely. he lock is held in place by the handle
- The lock be engaged/disengaged simply without the need for a key.
- No adhesive required
Adhesive Door Lever Lock
- No tools required, use adhesive to assemble
- Fits most lever door handles
- The lock can be engaged or disengaged simply, without the need for a key.
- Visibility shows when the lock is engaged and disengaged
To learn more about our Door Knob Covers and Lever locks, check out our full range of products on www.dream-baby.com. Visit our blog page to read more about our ultimate babyproofing checklists for your home.